The Poppy Fields

The Poppy Fields

// Walker Canyon trial, Lake Elsinore //


This past Saturday, the family and I headed down to Lake Elsinore to see the poppies that has been the talk of the town these past few weeks! I've been wanting to see the spectacular sight for quite a while so I was happy to have finally see them. I have such a love for flowers and hiking trails so this was like a big win for me! Now, I can finally check that off on my bucket list!





We went on the road around noon and took about an hour and a half to get to our destination. When we arrived, we took a shuttle to the Walker Canyon trial. We hiked all the way uphill in the blazing sun which I didn't mind at all. Even so, it didn't stopped my mom from asking if I was feeling hot or not (lol)! 




We came across a few interesting and kind people along the trail. There were even those typical blogger type people going off trail to take the perfect Instagram photos. 

Painted Lady Butterflies roaming around:


While walking around, we spotted a few butterflies still fluttering around. I managed to capture a photo of a lone butterfly nestling by the flowers.




When we left the trail and started heading towards home, we had some trouble getting out of the area. For one thing, there was accident on the freeway so we found ourselves going in circles. Another thing, we hadn't ate since morning so we were quite hangry (haha)! Overall, I had a good time despite some minor setbacks afterwards that day.

Additional Photos:












Until next time! Stay golden! 

( Continue to Journey on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/_indie_wood/)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Trip Down Memory Lane