A Weekend of Fun

A Weekend of Fun

// A Mini Trip to Joshua Tree //


I had some fun during tis past weekend with my family! We headed out towards Joshua Tree specifically to help support my sister Francis and her fiancé, Thomas, while they were selling their merch at a local flea market. Also, we thought it'd be fun for us since we never go there during our annual Palm Spring trip in the summer. So, we thought we'll head out the day before the event to get settle in and check the sites.


















Where we stayed at, it was close by the windmills so we pulled over and took some pics before heading to a local thrift shop! I didn't find anything there but things turned around when I found an old film camera somewhere else at the end of our trip! Score!



Side note: On the way to Joshua Tree, we saw tons of poppies over on hills and alongside pathways! It sure was a sight to see! 



On the day of the event, we stopped by the Cactus Mart to get some plants! The place was pretty incredible! They had some funky sculptures and art all around the area! I was so caught in the moment that I didn't take much pics. What did catch my eye was a bike hanging on a tree.  


The flea market was filled with so many goodies and unique people! I saw tons of vintage clothing and pottery. I saw people with their dogs and people in funky cool outfits! My favorite was an old man with blue hair wearing bright yellow and green bedazzled suit with cowboy boots. He was like the coolest person there and I aim to be like that at his age. I want to be bold and confident to wear whatever I want to wear all in the name of fashion!






















































I took few photos of my family in all smiles and managed to take a lovely photo of Francis and Thomas while they were working. By the way, they make the raddest jewelry and leather goods so you should definitely look them if you get a chance (ByFrancisFrank & Wounded Knee Leather Co).


Towards the end of our trip, we got some breakfast and went to Pioneertown. This historical town was filled with old western buildings and friendly people. At one point, we chatted with people who caught eyes on our dogs. Did I mention the dogs won the hearts of many while on our trip? Yeah. They were definitely the talk of the town during this trip!



We found a field of yellow flowers on the side of the road near a thrift shop we had stopped by at. And like so, I had a spontaneous little photoshoot! Watch me strut!





I captured a photo of this old abandon house (pictured above) while on the road home. There was a piece of artwork displayed on the side of the building. It really caught the spark in my eye. I thought it would be a good way to end of this little story.

Additional Photos:




It was a crazy, hectic trip but a fun one! Until next time! 


(Continue the Journey over on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/_indie_wood/)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Trip Down Memory Lane