LA Shoot

Adventure and the City 

Taking photos in Los Angeles

Hey guys! I'm back with another great story to tell! I recently had a photoshoot in Los Angeles this past Saturday with my friend Chris and I wanted to show you the results plus talk about the day we had. It was a casual day, but like always a good day.





















For most of the day, we just strolled around Spring Street as our location for our photo shoot. I thought it would be a great place for photos because of its architecture and hidden treasures. For instance, there always seem to be a film crew at every corner whenever I'm in the area. And I can see why they would film there, it's quite beautiful. We did four outfit changes so we could take as much different photos as possible. Plus, we were always moving around from one area to another. That way, it wouldn't be so repetitive.




When we were coming to an end of our little photo session, we headed to the Last Bookstore. I was kind of surprised when my friend said he had never been there before. So I was excited for him to check it out since I really love that place. If only I could there more often than I do lol! I found some interesting poem books to add to my reading list. What people don't know is I like to write my own poems whenever I feel creative or on my bad days. No one has ever read them since they're quite personal to me. It would take a lot for me to trust someone to read them. Are you feeling the tension in the atmosphere? 












The one weird thing that happen during our stroll around the city was when we were taking photos near this blue polka-dot wall. There was this lady walking down the sidewalk heading towards our way wearing a zipped up hoodie and some sweatpants. But other than that, that was pretty much all she was wearing. What I mean is she was wearing no top so well...we had a glimpse of her breast! I never felt so uncomfortable in my life! And I had to be the one to act casual about the entire situation! I just stood there turned away and giggling to myself. Well, that's Los Angeles for you lol! 



My favorite part of the day was when we were on the bridge near the Arts District during the golden hour. It's probably because how great the photos came out! Golden hour is truly the best time to take pictures. Some of my best and favorite work I've done were taken during this time. As you can see, the golden hour is where the magic happens! 


To end this little story, I'm glad to be able to do what I do as a photographer. I feel like I always say this, but it's true! Otherwise, I would have never met all of these amazing people in my life. Plus, I feel like I am evolving in my work and I'm really liking the results. I want to take my photography to the next step. Maybe someday I can see my work on a cover a magazine! A girl can wish for big dreams to come true. I really hoped you guys liked this read and stay tuned for the next story that is my life! 

( follow me on Instagram @_indie_wood )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Trip Down Memory Lane