Art is Beautiful

Art is Beautiful 

Marciano Art Foundation, Los Angeles, CA 

August 10, 2017


This was my first time going to the Marciano Art Museum and I was not disappointed! I had a spectacular time during my visit. I absolutely loved it! I went with my sister Jasmine aka my adventure buddy. We love to explore the city and check out all of the art so this was just a treat to check out! 


First stop: Grab something refreshing!
The TWIST cafe (photos above)
This was pretty cute cafe to just stop by and relax while grabbing a bite to eat or something to drink! 



When you first enter, you come across Olafur Eliasson's spheres titled 'Reality projector'. These installations are stunning in the way the light reflects around the room. It can be very alluring and calming.


This was probably one of my favorite pieces (picture above) of the museum. Side note: I loved it so much that this photo is my new wallpaper on my phone lol!



Each piece in the museum spoke to me in many and powerful ways. It's one of the things that I love about art. It gives me a moment to reflect on all aspects of life and society. 




This was another interesting and bizarre piece (picture above). I was drawn by the way the lightbulbs would flicker on and off. 


Highlight of my day!!

With All My Love For The Tulips, I Pray Forever, Yayoi Kusama, 2011


My heart skipped a beat when I saw Yayoi Kusama's work! I absolutely love her!!



Jasmine (pictured above) taking as much photos as she can! We only had a two minute view time to check out the installation. On the bright side, we were allowed to go as many rounds as we want so we went for a second round!


Outside of the Museum:
Other amazing works of art!



I'm most definitely planning on going back for another visit soon! Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Trip Down Memory Lane