My Trip to San Diego

There is a first time for everything!

My trip to San Diego

Hey there friends! I'm back with another experience story! This time, it's about my trip to San Diego for the first time (to believe it or not lol). I went this past weekend with my two of my sisters, Jessica and Jasmine. A few days before, I met up with my sisters to hang when they offered me to come along with them to San Diego. It was kind of unexpected, but it didn't stop me from declining their offer! I was really excited to hit the road and check out the sights.




The drive to San Diego was a breeze! We left early in the morning, that way we won't hit any traffic so it was a straight shot over there. When arrived, we grabbed a quick bite to eat. After stuffing our faces, we went exploring. We headed over to Balboa park to check out the sights. From the Spanish Village Art Center to the Japanese Friendship Garden, I felt cultured and inspired! This place is truly the largest urban cultural park in America. 



The architecture was absolutely amazing! There were many columns and intricate designs in all of the buildings. The art there too were just so stunning and magnificent. My eyes were drawn to everything that surrounded me and I felt at peace with it. In my mind, it was like I was in another world. 



We were surrounded with beautiful music and adoring sights. There was a man playing such lovely music with his violin and an elderly man strumming his guitar as a crowd of eager listeners watched. There were male performers making flips over some people and telling jokes. The audience were full of laughter and smiles. We pretty much spent most of the day wandering around the park. When we felt we had enough to take in, we headed out once more. We drove around downtown for awhile and then went on the hunt for the thrift stores! I found myself the most perfect vintage trench coat I have ever seen! It so fitted me so well so I had to get it. I also found few ceramic pottery for decorative purposes. 


My favorite part of the entire was actually when we were heading back home. We had made a wrong turn and went down this curving road when we spotted something spectacular! To our left, there was a farm where there were these giant Christmas trees being sold. My sisters seemed very enthusiastic about the circumstance. While my sisters got distracted with all of the trees, I gazed to my right to the sky. Up in the sky, there were some hot air balloons soaring through the air. I was in awe, but I was stunned that my sisters weren't watching them with me. It was not until I told them when they noticed the sight. They really lost it then! After that, I drifted off to sleep till we made our way home. 

Overall, I had the best trip ever! I went someplace new and explored till my heart's content. And it was with the ones I love most which made it even better! This is something I would always cherish and hope to still keep in my memories when I get older.  

Thank you for reading!

( follow me on Instagram for more @_indie_wood )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Trip Down Memory Lane